Dorland’s Medical Dictionary contains approximately 40,000 entries and 350 illustrations to provide authoritative, concise definitions for a wide range of terms used in the health sciences. Areas include anatomy, physiology, diseases, drugs, tests and procedures and much more.
The dictionary is based on the contents of Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary, which has set the standard for medical dictionaries for over 110 years. You'll find audio pronunciations and other helpful hints on the majority of terms.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.